Sunday, March 9, 2014

Social Networking Sites

There are different types of social networking sites that fit peoples' needs and preferences.  The first impression I had when I first used Facebook is its strong connectivity for linking everything together.  The newsfeed on its homepage provides everything you will need to know about friends' activities.  On the right side, you will have the most updated trend and news whereas on the left side, there are joined groups and available friends online you can chat with.  I believe it says a lot just in one page.  I also think Facebook did a really good job in fitting so many things in one page for its newsfeed.  The impression I had for Twitter and Myspace is somehow similar.  I believe its main function is for writing blogs unlike Facebook which is more personable.

I also think Linkedin is another great social networking site when it comes to professionalism.  From a recruiter point of view, whenever I view a candidate's profile, it also tells everything I will need to know about the candidate regarding past experience, school, and mostly importantly career interest.  I personally recommend Linkedin because it is great site to use especially for college students who are eager to learn and expose to professional activities.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree about LinkedIn. It is such an amazing site to learn more about professionals or potential candidates. Every college student should have a LinkedIn account since it makes job hunting more convenient !

    ReplyDelete